Sunday 13 January 2013

The operation

On the 18th of December at 3pm, I was wheeled down to operation. Luckily for me, they took my needle phobia into consideration and the anesthetic was administered through a mask. All I remember is going to sleep and waking up in immense pain.

Sexy picture of me taken by my mother.

The worst part about waking up was the compression pillows on my feet. The pillows basically inflate up and down to keep the blood flowing. It was painful because the pillows would squeeze my foot tightly (think like having your blood pressure taken but on your foot) before deflating. Later, when I was recovering, the pillows were put on my feet only at night and they became more of an annoyance rather than painful. 

1 comment:

  1. i recently had an opporation on my chin, i had a metal plate put inside of it and had some fat taken from around my body to put in my face, it was such a horrible experience and i was in a lot of pain for a long time. I've never really come across a blog like this but i just wanted to say well done on how brave you are being. I hope everything goes well for you and your leg! xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete